Friday, September 6, 2013

The Passive Game Group

I have to start this with a clarification.  Yes I am talking about some of my game group members, no I won't be using names, and no, this is not a complaint.

Many gamers tend to be slightly passive people, typically introverts.  As such, many of us are easy going when it comes to what game gets played.  I know that I enjoy a great variety of games and I'm willing to try just about anything.  This is a good thing to have, until everyone has the same attitude.  What often happens is everyone is willing to play anything that no one really makes the push to play a certain game.  Eventually something gets played, but if there was a slightly more dominant personality around, we wouldn't lose 5 minutes trying to decide what game gets played.  Then again, that dominant personality could cause other problems.

I guess what I'm getting at is that there's a blend between passive and active when it comes to game selection.  It's good to throw out some ideas, but it's also good to be flexible to what others want.

I know this is a short post but it's the best I could do.  I've been subbing most of this week and tutoring like a mad man so I'm exhausted.  Hopefully I'll adapt to the new schedule and have more time to further develop the thoughts I have on some gaming.  On that note, if you ever have an idea for a random musings post, feel free to let me know in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment