Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 2013 Recap


Another 31 days and a new month.

The big happening in August was Gencon, even though I was not able to go.  In thinking about it, I'm not sure I ever want to go to something that big.  I can't deny the awesomeness that comes out of Gencon, but I'm not sure I want to fight with the masses.

I played 45 games in 31 days, which continues to put me ahead of my goal.  That brings the YTD total to 293/365.  Ideally I would be at 243, so 50 ahead and cushion for the September slowdown that always seems to happen.  I played 1 game for the first time this year, which brings me up to 73/100.  I'm pretty certain that this part is going to be the biggest struggle to finish.  It's going to be hard to find 27 new games to play.



Just a quick list of what I actually played in August

Finally, King of Tokyo is not at the top of the play list.

13 Times
  • Hanabi

10 Times
  • Resistance: Avalon
3 Times
  • King of Tokyo
  • Tsuro
2 Times
  • Article 27
  • Incan Gold
  • Skyline
  • TransAmerica
1 Time
  • Eight-Minute Empire
  • For Sale
  • Legendary
  • No Thanks
  • Small World
  • Survive
  • Tiki Topple
  • X-Wing

I acquired 0 new games, but several expansions this month.  I picked up the 3 mini expansions for Survive, Track Map 4 for Formula D, an extra Slave 1 and Tie Interceptor for X-Wing, and a whole bunch of dice for general use and prototyping.

Looking ahead to September I'm going to try to get out 2 bigger reviews: TransAmerica and Article 27, as well as a smaller review or 2, but that's going to be a surprise.  I'll do my best to come up with another Top 7 list or two, as well as another random musings.  I know my posts have been spotty, so I'm really trying to get on a more consistent posting basis.  I might experiment with something along the lines of

  • Top 7 Mondays
  • Review Wednesdays
  • Random Musings Fridays

It may not last forever, but I'll do my best to stick with that for awhile and see what happens.
Until next time, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment