Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 2013 Recap

Another 31 days and a new month.


July saw a lot of gaming

I played 64 games in 31 days, gaining a whole lot.  That brings the YTD total to 248/365.  Ideally I would be at 212, so 36 ahead and cushion for the August/September slowdown that always seems to happen.  I played 6 games for the first time this year, which brings me up to 72/100.



Just a quick list of what I actually played in June

8 Times
  • King of Tokyo

7 Times
  • Dominion
6 Times
  • Incan Gold
5 Times
  • Article 27
4 Times
  • TransAmerica
  • Tsuro
3 Times
  • Eight-Minute Empire
  • Hanabi
  • Resistance: Avalon
2 Times
  • Flash Point
  • For Sale
  • Order Up
  • Qwixx
  • Tiki Topple
1 Time
  • 23
  • Colossal Arena
  • Cosmic Encounter
  • Eclipse
  • Elfenland
  • Las Vegas
  • Race for the Galaxy
  • Shadows Over Camelot (Yay for me being the traitor King and winning)
  • Smash Up
  • Survive
  • Thurn and Taxis

I acquired 2 new games - Hanabi and Resistance: Avalon, and 1 new expansion - Dominion: Guilds  this month.
Speaking of Dominion, the reason I played it 7 times was due to a tournament where I played 6 games. I managed to come in 2nd, losing in the finals by 1 point.  I know there are things I could have done differently, but the guy who won deserved it.  

Looking ahead to August, who knows what's going to happen with my game plays.  Historically they have a drop-off with the new school year, but maybe this year will be different. (Yes that's what everyone likes to say.)

In July I reviewed  the Smash Up expansion.  I also got back on the whole Top 7 list, which I hope to be doing more of.  Yes, I'm shamelessly piggybacking on Dice Tower Top 10 lists, but I think it's worth throwing my thoughts out there.  I'm working on a couple ideas for reviews, trying to bring a little different flavor to cover a couple of games.  I also finished a major revision to SR, so we'll see how that goes.  More on that soon.

Until next time, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment