Monday, October 1, 2012

September 2012 Update

Welcome to October, and a special Happy Birthday to my sister.

September was simultaneously the best and worst month of boardgames for me.  The bad news, I only had 2 game days which accounted for a total of 8 game plays.  That's the lowest all year and has me behind pace.  The good news, a weekly game night has started up at my local game store.  It's not big on boardgames yet, but we had some people stop by who were interested in playing the next time, so here's hoping.  Also really big news, I played my 1500th boardgame last week.  It was For Sale, for anyone who's interested.  Cosmic came in at 1501, but I couldn't swing it for 1500.

What got playing in September?

Tsuro x3
Dominion x2
For Sale x1
Lost Cities x1
Cosmic Encounter x1

That brings the YTD total to 210, which is 15 behind pace for 300.  Hopefully with the weekly game night, I'll make some ground up.

I acquired 4 new games this month.  I received Angry Birds: Knock on Wood and The Resistance in a trade for some LoTR chapter packs, and I received Fleet and Solar Circuit Racing from Kickstarter campaigns.  It's really nice to see games coming in from Kickstarter.

September was a productive month in terms of posts with a total of 10, though we'll call it 9 since the monthly updates don't really count.
I got out 3 reviews, Dominion:Dark Ages, Catacombs and Shadows Over Camelot.
Also, there were 3 additions to the Collection Building Series, Co-op, Team, and Dice.
Finally, there were 3 bonus articles, 2 random musings, Kickstarter, and the upcoming game Story Realms, as well as my Top 7 Places to Play Games.

Looking at October, there are some exciting things coming.  I should have an interview with the designers of Story Realms, that should be in the next few days.  Also look forward to new reviews of both new and older games.  If you have suggestions for games I should review, feel free to leave a comment, or head over to the BoBG facebook page and vote there.  I'm going to have a couple of guest reviewers come in to review Munchkin and Money.  I'm going to try to review games in the Gryphon Bookshelf Series, at least the ones I own, which is 1-8. I'm open to having guests come in the review the rest of the series. If you're interested in that, let me know and we can talk about that.

Thank-you everyone for reading, commenting, tweeting, re-tweeting, etc. You all are the reason I keep writing articles.  The next article will be #100, which I'll be using as something fun and frivolous.  Also, BoBG is nearly at 10,000 views since launch in December.  I know other blogs have gained a larger following, but 10,000 is something I never thought would happen this fast.  Once again, thank-you to all of you, the loyal readers, the one time readers, and everyone in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment