Monday, October 1, 2012

100th

There's a long running occurrence in TV shows to celebrate major episode marks with episodes of a slightly different nature.  Stargate SG-1 did this with the use of a TV show that spoofed Stargate Command. Frasier did it by celebrating the 1000th and 2000th episodes of his radio show, for the 100th and 200th episode of Frasier.

When I started this blog on December 2nd 2011, I never dreamt that I'd be at 100 posts and nearly 10,000 page views in 10 months.  It humbles me that so many people have read my blog, my random thoughts on boardgames.  I've never been a great writer. I once had a professor tell me that I wrote too conversationally.  That's a problem in the academic world, but for a blog, I think it's a good way to go about things.  Many people search to find what they're passionate about.  I feel that I'm lucky to say that my passion is boardgames, both playing them, and writing about them.

It's funny sometimes, the more I play games, the more ideas I have to write about, but the less time I have to write.  Then, when I have the time, I don't have the ideas to work with.  I've gotten better with balancing everything, I think that I've finally got into a rhythm with article series.  I have the collection building series, a series of random thoughts balanced against my Top 7 lists, and then reviews.  My aim is to publish one from each category per week, but often the week gets extended.  Still, having those categories keeps the articles going, and gives me something to think about ahead of time.

As I've stated several times, board games are all about people.  I write for you, my audience.  I do enjoy it, but if it wasn't for you reading this, it wouldn't really matter.  I'd just be some random guy writing about boardgames.  I truly appreciate how much of a global reach I've had.  Sure, the bulk of my hits are from the US, but I've had a good amount of views from the UK, Russia, Canada, Germany, France, Australia, Sweden, Ukraine, Netherlands, Indonesia, Brazil, Spain, Poland, Romania, Thailand, and the list goes on and on.  It's made me realize how universal boardgames truly are.  Anyone can play them and have a good time, because they are really about people.

To all of you who I've played boardgames with, Thank-You!  This blog, specifically this post, is for you. Without you, my gaming addiction/hobby/enthusiasm wouldn't be possible.

Here's to 100 more posts and a lot of great memories yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment