Friday, January 17, 2014

My Sister's Top 25 games of all time as of January 2014 Part 1 Intro and 25-16

Welcome to Sarah's Top 25 games.  I asked her to put together a list of the games she enjoys playing in order to give you guys a different perspective.  I had no influence on her list other than providing her a list of games and letting her decide how to order them.

Without further ado, the games!

#25 Fluxx

I like Fluxx because the rules change so much. It is fun to have to adapt and you never know what is going to happen. There are several themes, and it is fun to mix the regular cards with the Camelot cards. A game can last over an hour, which is annoying at times, but it is fun to play every once in awhile.

#24 Phase 10

I know this would not be on many gamers' lists, but I like when the players get to choose the order of phases they want to accomplish. It is a good card game to play, that people of all ages can enjoy. It is nice to play when you do not want to play a heavy-strategic game.


#23 Love Letter

This is a quick game and is a good balance between luck and strategy. It takes a few game plays to figure out how to best play which cards, but it is one of those games that can always be around to fill a void between longer games.


#22 Crappy Birthday 

I like this as a different game to Apples to Apples. It is a similar concept, but more fun and provides for some good discussions. I also like that there are pictures on the cards.


#21 Mille Bornes 

I have been playing this game for over 10 years, so it is on my list because it has become a tradition to play. You have to really pace yourself at this game, because if you try to finish too fast, the other players will give you trouble.


#20 Werewolf 

I like Werewolf when there is a large group of people. I'm never a special character, which bugs me, but I still have a good time, even though people are suspicious of me because I am quiet.


#19 Tiki Topple

Tiki is a good, quick game which allows for balanced scoring, most of the time. A person can rarely win every round and it is fun when it is a close game to the end. It is also fun to try and pronounce the names of the tiki pieces. I hope one day to play this while vacationing on some exotic island, but I will probably have to settle for Hawaii.

#18 Fauna

Fauna is a great educational game and it is a good trivia-like game for those not into trivia. Who wouldn't want to try to guess where the Pronghorn lives and how long its tail is?

#17 Word on the Street  

I like Word on the Street because you have to think quick. It is much better when you play with at least two people on a team, but it also works for one-versus-one. The game is good and subject cards are of a good variety, so it balances out the teams and puts everyone on a pretty even playing field. If you plan to play this game, make sure to do some research or brainstorming before, so you can increase the odds of winning.

#16 Incan Gold  

I like the risk aspect to Incan Gold. Sometimes the cards are gracious and give out lots of gold, but sometimes the round can end in 5 drawn cards. I tend to press my luck a bit too much, but that's the price for treasure hunting. Watch out for those spiders and mummies!




No comments:

Post a Comment