Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 2013 Recap


Another 31 days and a new month, as well as my birthday, meaning lots of games being played today on June 1st.

May was a good month of gaming.  I had my first experience playing games with a group at church, primarily Catan, but also some other games.  I didn't have as many Mondays due to finals.  The good news is that it's summer, which always means lots of games.
I played 36 games in 31 days, gaining just a tad, but the summer tends to be a boost.  That brings the YTD total to 147/365.  Ideally I would be at 151, so just 4 behind.  I played 15 games for the first time this year, which brings me up to 59/100.  I also got to play with 21 new people, bringing that count to 49/50.



Just a quick list of what I actually played in May

6 Times

  • King of Tokyo


5 Times
  • Eight-Minute Empire
3 Times
  • Catan
  • Flash Point

2 Times
  • Smash Up
1 Time
  • 23
  • Ace of Spies
  • Alhambra
  • Article 27
  • Cinque Terre
  • Dominion
  • Imperial
  • Kingdoms
  • Martian Dice
  • Nefarious
  • Race to Adventure
  • Scary Tales
  • Screaming Eagles
  • Star Trek Catan
  • Talisman
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Tiki Topple

I acquired 2 new games in May - Eight-Minute Empire (Kickstarter arrival) and The Hunger Games District 12 game (B&N 75% off clearance).  I also caved and bought the expansions for Dominion online - goko.com - which I've been playing a lot.

Looking ahead to June, my game playing should see a bigger uptick.  My birthday leads to a lot of games, game groups tend to run later since there's less going on, and more people tend to show up.  I'm hoping to review Eight-Minute Empire so look for that soon, as well as a review for the King of Tokyo and Smash Up expansions.

Until next time, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment