Thursday, June 6, 2013

In Memorium - Games With Two - Jason Moslander

I woke up today (June 6th 2013) to find out that Jason Moslander had passed away suddenly yesterday.  He was 27, a husband and a father.  He's best known to me through his blog Games with Two.  I never met Jason in person, but I had interacted with him several times.  We worked together on the Christmas buying list, and formed a bit of a collation early on to highlight each other's work.  He most recently wished me a Happy Birthday, which brought a smile to my face then, and a tear to my eye now.

I'm not feeling his loss to anywhere near the extent that his family is, but he will be missed in the gaming community.  He was a friendly guy, always looking for great games to play with his wife, and I never heard anyone say a bad thing about him.  I enjoyed reading his writing and getting ideas for articles of my own, as well as trying to find great games that I will be able to play with my future wife.

Times like this make you realize how small the board game community really is.  We all kinda know each other in some way, even if we never meet in person.  There's rarely a logical reason to why someone goes when they do, but somewhere, someone is being touched by this is a way that no one can imagine.

To Mrs. GWT, know that you're not alone in going through this.  The gaming community is sending our collective thoughts and prayers your way.

To everyone else, be sure to enjoy the time you have with the people you love, and the people you game with, and especially with the people you love and game with.  We never know how long we have, make every moment, and every game count for something.

Edit on Friday June 7th - One of Jason's gaming buddies got in touch with me and wanted to share the following info.

Mossy (Jason Moslander) Introduced me to games, but I never got too involved online so I don't know where to get the info to.

A fund has been created for them by the deacons of Rockport. All that is given will go to their support. Please make checks out to Rockport Baptist and designate the gift as -- "Acts 4 Fund: Moslander" or even "Moslander" 
Send to Rockport Baptist Church 
3761 Telegraph Road
Arnold, MO 63010

Also here are the funeral arrangements:

Visitation will be Sunday (june 9th) from 3 to 8 PM at Bopp Chapel, 10610 Manchester Rd, Kirkwood, MO 63122 
The funeral will be held at 11 AM Monday (June 10th) at Twin Rivers Worship Center, 10575 Tesson Ferry Rd, St Louis, MO 63123.
Pastor Scott Lee from Rockport will be officiating.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Thanks for posting.
    Marty
    Rolling Dice & Taking Names

    ReplyDelete