Saturday, December 1, 2012

1 Year Anniversary

1 Year in the world of boardgame blogging is a bit of an accomplishment.  Sure, I'm still the new guy on the block, but I've been at this a year, with more to come.  It hasn't always been easy, nor has it always been consistent, but it has been fun.  I've enjoyed being able to share my thoughts on specific games, as well as the world of boardgames.  I know it's a hobby, and I know I'm biased to say it's one of the best, but boardgames have meant a lot to me for the last 6 years.

Anniversaries are a time for celebrating.  They're a time to look at the good things in the past, and a time to look ahead to the growth of the relationship.  While I don't know what the future holds, I do know that games will be a part of my life for as long as I live.  As for the looking back, I give you my top 7 articles written in the last year.  These have been determined by you and your pageviews.

#7 Top 7 Games that I want to Play, but not Buy
This article took a bit of flak on BGG, and I never really understood why.  To me, these are good games.  They just have some little part that makes me not want to own them.  Could be the lack of opponents for the game, or the storage required, or the investment cost.

#6 Forbidden Island vs Pandemic
Two really good co-op games by the same designer thrown into an arena and only one can come out.  Perhaps I need to do more face-off reviews?

#5 Playing to Win?
This is a look at playing games to have fun, while trying to win, but not getting caught up in the winning.  It's important to do your best, and to have fun.

#4 Ticket to Ride Review
It's only fitting that Ticket would make an appearance here.  I've had so many fun moments with Ticket to Ride, and I'm glad that you all have enjoyed reading my thoughts on a great game.

#3 Dominion Dark Ages
Part review, part in depth look at every card in the expansion.  This article took me many hours to compose, but I'm glad I took the time to do it.  I've been meaning to write more on Dominion, and I think that will be a series coming sometime in 2013.

#2 Why We Play
A look at the various reasons people have for playing games.

#1 Collection Building: 2 Player Games
A bit funny that this would be my top article considering how rarely I play 2-player games.  Still, it's nice to know that this article, and the collection building series in general, have been well received.

So that's where we stand after one year. 123 posts, 15,817 views. Not the biggest of numbers, but more than I ever dreamed possible in the span of 1 year.

From the top and bottom of my heart, thank-you all for reading.  I couldn't do it without each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment