Friday, March 1, 2013

February 2013 Recap

Another 4 weeks and a new month.

February was a good month of gaming for me, but not for the usual reasons.  My play count was down, one of my dear friends and faithful gamers is moving overseas for at least the next 2 years, an opportunity in the gaming world came and went just like that, and I only made one post. So that's a lot of bad things, but they're all part of life.  The good of February was two-fold.  One, I played Alhambra with my parents.  When we were done my mom said "The next time we play, I'll pay more attention to that."  It's huge for her to say that. She's not a gamer, well, not really.  She'll play Ticket to Ride, Shadows Over Camelot, maybe Carcassonne, Tiki Topple, For Sale, but nothing huge.  She's usually the person we have to talk into playing, so for her to talk about the next time is a minor miracle.  I also *finally* received Kings of Air and Steam from Kickstarter. I say finally because the project funded in November 2011 with an intended release of Summer 2012.  I've played it twice, and both games have been close with everyone enjoying it.  The most recent game was a "3 Player Cutthroat"with a final score of 157-154-153.

I logged 17 game plays not counting expansions, which is now 46/365. It's 13 plays behind the curve, but not a terrible start.  I played 8 games for the first time this year, which brings me up to 29/100.  I also got to play with 3 new people, bringing that count to 18/50.

Just a quick list of what I actually played in February


2 Times
  • 7 Wonders
  • Alhambra
  • Kings of Air and Steam
  • Skyline
  • Tsuro
1 Time
  • Fleet
  • Las Vegas
  • Pizza Theory
  • Roll Through the Ages
  • Saint Petersburg
  • Shadows Over Camelot: The Card Game
  • TransAmerica

I acquired four new games, three thanks to Kickstarter games showing up (finally).  Those games are Alhambra, Kings of Air and Steam, Ground Floor, and Skyline.  I've played all except Ground Floor, but that will happen at a game-night soon, after I read the rules.

Looking ahead to March, two exciting things of note.  On the 2nd, I'll be at a tournament of games, and hopefully will have a prize from that.  It's going to be a great opportunity to play with some new people and play a bunch of games.  I'm also taking place in an X-Wing Tournament the 2nd week of March to celebrate the launch of the Wave 2 ships.  I'll try to do a report of the tournaments, hopefully someone will find that interesting.

Reviews. I know I'm not getting content out there, but trust me, it's coming. I did get Flash Point out there, so hopefully you've had a chance to take a look at that.  I'm currently at a weird point with games to review right now.  I haven't been playing enough of anything to warrant a review, especially since I don't want to rush judgement on a game.  I may take some time to do a few lighter games like Fluxx and Munchkin just as a change of pace.

Until next time, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment