Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April 2012 Update


Welcome to May! Wow, a third of the year over already.
April was a slow month for games, mostly because I was working on Star Runner (my game).  If you're interested in providing feedback on the rules, send me an e-mail bitsofboardgames@gmail.com or a direct message on Twitter @boardgamer89  

The biggest news of the month was the first test of Star Runner, which was fun, but revealed several problems.  I've been messing with things and plan on testing again shortly.  I did get a couple of game days in with the gaming family, so that brought up the play total to 11.  Sad that it's a lower total than February, but happy days are soon to come.  My sister returns from school in a week, and that should lead to the return of weekend games with my family once in awhile.
The running total is now 93 which puts the projected year total at 279, which would be 21 plays short of my goal of 300.  (Looking at 2011, my highest set of 4 months of plays was April-July, so plays pick up with summer)

I acquired two new games, Star Trek Expeditions, which I got in a trade for Star Trek CCG cards, and Lemonade Stand from Kickstarter.

My unplayed game count is now at 15 due to gaining ST: Expeditions, and selling Descent.

  • Tales of the Arabian Nights (soon)
  • RoboRally (soon)
  • ST: Expeditions
  • Zooloretto 
  • Coloretto (Soon)
  • Elder Sign
  • Descent  Sold!
  • Scrabble Slam 
  • Monopoly Express 
  • Clue Express 
  • Battleship Express 
  • Crappy Birthday
  • S'quarrels 
  • Risk 2210 AD (Risk Legacy takes precedent)
  • Settlers of Canaan (no rush since I have other means of playing Catan)
  • High Bid 
April saw the 4,000th page view for this blog which is incredible in under 6 months, thank-you all so much for that.  
I didn't get as many reviews as I would have liked done. (This is kinda a running story)

From the March Update
"April should hold a full review for the following
  • 7 Wonders - DONE, see the videos
  • Star Trek Fleet Captains - Not Done
  • Cosmic Alliance (Cosmic Encounter Expansion) - DONE.
I'm going to try to get a few done in May
  • Star Trek Fleet Captains
  • Lemonade Stand
  • Pizza Theory

State of the 2012 Resolutions
  • Play every game I own that I've yet to play at least once (Current count is 10 15) 
  • Finish Risk Legacy (15 plays total, meaning 11 to go) 
  • Log 300 game plays (not counting expansions. This was originally 250, but I realized that last year my count was 292, so I aim to go higher) 93/300
  • Trade/give away the games I won't ever play (Looking at you Android) (Sold Descent)
  • Introduce at least one new person to Cosmic Encounter - DONE
  • Organize a micro tournament of Dominion with my friends, most likely online.  DONE
  • Finish design work on my own board game design and start playtesting by June.  SOMEWHAT DONE
  • I will also predict that Eminent Domain will be my most played game of the year.  - VERY WRONG
Game plays in 2012 are
Scary Tales - 12
Pizza Theory -10
Cosmic Encounter - 9
Eminent Domain - 4

The final item of note.
I'd like to start a new segment with some guests.  Now, no one famous at first, but that gives you, yes YOU, person reading this blog a chance to come on and talk about games.
We can do a review of a game we've both played, see the Battlestar Galactica review I did with my friend Josh.
We can talk about a type of game (dice, word, puzzle, co-op, etc.)
We can talk about gaming in general.
So, what should you do?
Send me an e-mail (bitsofboardgames@gmail.com) with what you'd like to do for an article, and I'll do my best to make that happen.  It may take a little while to get it together, but I think getting some reader input makes things more fun.

Thank-you all for reading and comments.  You keep me energized to post articles, and continue talking about games.

No comments:

Post a Comment